KURO Kurouchi Carbon Steel Clad Santoku - Blue #2
The KURO series is a heavy ironclad knife that feels substantial in the hand. This new version of our most popular KURO series has a Blue #2 Carbon edge with soft black iron cladding provides a distinctive look as the final layer of iron has an oxide coating to help prevent rust. We have added an Iishi (Yew) handle to compliment the new version and the handle is smooth and warm. Heavy and solid, these knives are heavy duty workhorses.
Hand engraved with the Kikuichi chrysanthemum logo.
- Blade: 3 Layers Hand Forged
- Edge: VG1
- Layers: Blue #2 Carbon Steel
- Bevel Angle Ratio: Double
- HGC: 62
- Handle: Octagonal Wa Handle
Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
- Kikuichi offers free lifetime sharpening for the cost of shipping (both ways) paid by the knife owner. This covers normal wear and tear and chips in the blade. Contact them for estimates if repair work is needed or if you are shipping outside the Continental US.