Stir Fry Sauce
These are the same sauces we use at Woon for our Beef Noodles and Veggie Noodles (Vegan). The recipe hasn’t changed since Mama Fong served these noodles to us growing up and through our years as a pop up. They’re great for any type of stir fry to add while cooking noodles, veggies, fried rice, etc. Use sparingly, a few squirts will go a long way! Also great for adding to any type of marinade.
Refrigerate after opening.
Vegan option available here
- Heat pan or wok on high
- Add 1 tbsp of canola oil or any oil with a high smoke point
- Stir fry your veggies and proteins first, then remove from from heat and set aside
- Bring the pan back to high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry your noodles (if using rice, always make sure to add egg to the pan before adding your rice to prevent sticking)
- Add a few squirts of your Woon Stir Fry Sauce to the noodles or rice and mix
Finally, add in your veggies and proteins and give it all a nice mix before serving hot
- Mix 1/2 cup Woon Stir Fry Sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add marinade to sliced or whole protein of choice (we prefer flank steak) and let sit for 15 min - up to 24 hours.
- If marinating sliced protein, stir fry in pan and add to veggies, noodles or rice
- If marinating whole protein, throw it on the bbq grill or bake it and serve with your favorite sides!
About Woon Kitchen
Woon began as a family run pop-up born from a desire to share our mother, Mama Fong’s original Chinese comfort food. We offer a simple menu influenced by Shanghainese and Cantonese recipes. When we moved away it was always Mama’s cooking that we craved. We all worked full-time jobs and hosted pop-ups in the Los Angeles area when we could. Now, we have our first brick and mortar space located in Historic Filipinotown and a second location coming to Pasadena in 2023.
Net wt. 20 oz